Gordon Chamber of Commerce
June 2, 2015
Meeting called to order at 5:45 PM at Sandhills Land & Property. Member Maureen Hess and director Bea Lou Hardin were in attendance. As no other members showed up or called and we had a severe storm we waited until 6:15 and adjourned.
June 2, 2015
Office Report – May 2015
The Office has been busy and sales are starting to pick up a little in the Store. We have had visitors from Colorado, Missouri, Idaho, Eastern Nebraska, Minnesota, New York, Georgia, & Kansas. We have had a request for a Gordon Telephone book from Minnesota, with inquiries about Rushville events and the Bowering Ranch.
I have been absent quite a lot this month as Jerry has had some medical issues but The Ambassadors are handling the Office with ease and I thank them for all they do. Carol Langer, Sally Hatch, Nancy Russell, Berny & Merna Ganshert and Robin Bergman have been great this month! You may not see Robin in the Office but her “behind the scenes” work has helped us so much!
I will be in and out for the month of June and then on the 29th of June, I will be available only by phone for the most part as Jerry will be having surgery and I need to play nurse! I have every faith that all of you will carry on and keep the Office and store running and I thank you all for your commitment to YOUR Chamber.
The Chamber Office MUST be open Monday through Saturday all summer. Ambassadors are needed for either ½ days or full days. We will need to fill Monday, Wednesday mornings, Friday and Saturday at least till 1 PM.
It is not a “labor intensive” job, we just need Ambassadors to answer the phone and keep the door open to members and visitors, answer questions and give directions and make sales. If you, or any of your friends that would be able to give a few hours and would like to become an Ambassador for the Gordon Chamber, please let Bea Lou know- 282.0730
Thank you all for your understanding and support.
Bea Lou Hardin
Bea Lou Hardin called the June 2nd chamber meeting to order at 5:45pm. Member Maureen Hess was in attendance and no other members showed up or called so no business was able to be done. We were under a severe Storm Warning and it is assumed that is why no one showed up. (Directors note: it would have been nice if members would have at least called to say they were not coming.)
Things that needed to be discussed other than the financial report are:
1. The theme for The Sheridan County Fair Parade was discussed.
“UNITED WE STAND”
“Proudly Celebrating Our Diverse Cultures in Sheridan County”
2. Encourage everyone to enter a float. Please call the Chamber Office with your entry so the Parade Lineup can be made. 308.282.0730
3. We need to find Judges for the Parade.
4. Fred is taking care of getting the Buckle we give at the Ranch Rodeo.
5. Because of unforeseen circumstances, Bea Lou may not be able to direct the Parade line up. Anyone want to volunteer??
6. We need volunteers to help with lineup.
7. The Office will be selling Rodeo Tickets and Carnival tickets again this year.
8. Pow-Wow that is being held this year in conjunction with the fair and rodeo on 7-24-15. There will be an Indian Village set up near the Grand Stand. The Sheridan County Tourism Board has committed to help financially. Does the Chamber want to help with a little money as well??
9. Because of unforeseen circumstances, the Office will need coverage on Monday, Wednesday mornings, Fridays and Saturday part day. WE NEED AMBASSADORS FOR THESE DAYS!!
10. Bea Lou spoke with Diana Robins about the packets for the Babe Ruth Baseball event July 18th. These packets will be sent to the team coaches so the families of the team players will know what our area has to offer. We are waiting to see what brochures we need to give the Rushville committee.
11. Willow Tree is September 12 and 13 this year.
12. Western Nebraska Development Network Meeting – This is being held in Gordon this year on Sept. 24. More details to come.
13. Harvest Festival – October 24 & 25 – Rachel Lambley is working on getting the 2 blocks of Main Street blocked off for 1 day for safety sake for Festival goers.
Any member that would like to see the May financial report is welcome to stop by the chamber Office and pick one up.
Bea Lou and Maureen made the decision that no one was coming and as no business could be done, gave up and went home at 6PM.
The next Meeting will be held Tuesday July 7th at Sandhills Land and Management.
Posted on Wed, June 3, 2015
by Gordon Chamber